Thursday, May 10, 2012

Caotico - Sunrise Confessions REVIEW

I don't know a heck of a lot about Caotico.  I believe they are band from Sweden, but that's as far as my knowledge goes. I'm not even sure if this album "Sunrise Confessions" is their first or not.  What I DO know is, I quite like it.  Its not an amazing album in my opinion, but its an original pop album.  Its got a fresh, yet gritty sound that I can only really compare to Friendly Fires.  Its got a rock feel to it, but with a light pop sound.  Some stand-outs are the reflective "Gold", "The Night I Died By The Storm" (which has some awesome percussion) and the additively slinky title track "Sunrise Confessions".

I admit that I like about every second tracks, and the others just don't do it for me.  Either, the sounds are too harsh or just unappealing lyrics.  But the ones that do work, really stick with me.  I've included one of those, the warm, nostalgic "Gold".

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. This video of "Gold" was uploaded by me :-) ... Great findin' it on the web...

    ReplyDelete